It has been a joy in the past three weeks of being in the blogoshpere to interact and "meet" with so many of you. I have enjoyed every minute of it--even when the "heat is on." I do read every comment even though I don’t post to every comment.
Some of you have asked me about the rules for this blog... I haven't posted any so far for a couple of reasons: 1. there is an "understood ethic" when entering "blogland" pertaining to "commenting" and I didn't think there was the need to rehash; 2. Phil Johnson has some excellent rules on his site which I echo wholeheartedly at CampOnThis as well and I didn't think it necessary to reinvent the wheel; 3. the need hasn't arisen so far and I think that most, if not all of you, have honored a godly attitude in content and tone.
But for those who want to know my rules, here they are:
1. Keep on topic--this is not a chat room;
2. No cursing allowed
3. No character assassinations of a personal nature allowed. Keep it topical, keep it biblical;
4. No anonymous posting allowed. If some of you have not filled out your profile, please do so. If you don't have a profile filled out and a real name behind the "blogname" with bio completed, you will not be allowed to post in the future and all current posts with "your name" attached will be deleted. (Please have this completed by the end of tomorrow evening, Friday the 22nd-thank you).
5.. No posting in "book form;" say what you need to say, but keep it a reasonable length. It will foster better discussion and allow more to contribute. (A few shorter comments encourage further discussion than writing one very long comment.)
6. Your thoughts on any given topic on this blog are very welcomed, but must be posted in the form of an actual comment, not as a link, in the comment section following each article. "Links" posted as comments to redirect people from the discussion of an issue away from this blog is unacceptable and will be deleted immediately.
7. I reserve the right to delete any post that is not honoring to the above.
8. Lastly, all that is said and shared here I hope will bring glory and honor the Lord, encourage each other in the Word, spur us all on to "love and good works."
Grace and peace to you all...
Let the games continue!
Thursday, July 21, 2005