Sunday, September 06, 2009

QUOTE OF THE DAY
...uncommon wisdom drawn from the well of God's Word


"One great contest, between the religion of Arminianism, and the religion of Christ, is, who shall stand entitled to the praise and glory of a sinner's salvation? Conversion decides this point at once; for I think that, without any imputation of uncharitableness, I may venture to say, that every truly awakened person, at least when he is under the shine of God's countenance upon his soul, will fall down upon his knees, with this hymn of praise ascending from his heart, Not unto me, O Lord, not unto me, but to thy name, give the glory: I am saved not for my righteousness, but for thy mercy and thy truth's sake." -AUGUSTUS TOPLADY

5 comments:

Patrick Eaks said...

Bro. Steve,

Thanks for sharing this quote here.

Salvation is all of the Lord, and it should drive us to our knees to give HIM all the praise, honor and glory.

I am thankful for the men of the faith that have passed on before us.

Jay said...

Hi Brother,

Just found your blog via SharperIron. Wanted to let you know that your RSS feed for us [I'm the Reg. Assistant there] is broken. We've tried to get in touch with you but haven't heard back.

Thanks. Soli Deo Gloria.

Jorge Bessa said...

Great post! It's an awesome claim to our minds and our hearts.

John said...

I love that..."The religion of Christ..."

SJ Camp said...

John
Me too brother... Amen!