Monday, April 16, 2007

Mission of Mercy
...talk to someone today about Jesus



Your weekly dose of gospel: "GO AND TELL"

Let's put our apologetics in action today beloved and actually tell someone about the good news of forgiveness of sins through Jesus Christ the Lord. I'm not talking about drive-by evangelism where we out of the blue pull someone casually aside to hand them a tract or give them a Bible verse. I'm also not talking about a sentimental evangelism where we are content to drive through our neighborhoods, feel a burdern for them, and only pray for them.

It can't end there.

We must go to them and speak with them and lovingly proclaim the good news of the gospel of grace. Suggestion: begin right where you normally go: Publix or Kroger’s, the gas station, dropping your kids at school and seeing another parent, at your place of work, hitting a bucket of shag balls with a dear friend, power walking around the park, at St. Arbucks (...Starbucks), or even with your own family. IOW, there is enough work to do for the gospel right where we all live everyday. So whether it be a trailer park or Park Ave., Wall Street or the back streets, from the White House to the church house may we go to the highways and byways and share Christ today. Amen?

Here is an encouragement from Dr. Luke's great commission text:



Luke 24:44 ¶ Now He said to them, “These are My words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things which are written about Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.”
Luke 24:45 Then He opened their minds to understand the Scriptures,
Luke 24:46 and He said to them, “Thus it is written, that the Christ would suffer and rise again from the dead the third day,
Luke 24:47 and that repentance for forgiveness of sins would be proclaimed in His name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem.
Luke 24:48 “You are witnesses of these things.
Luke 24:49 “And behold, I am sending forth the promise of My Father upon you; but you are to stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high.”

To the fields white with harvest...
Steve
Acts 1:8-9

2 comments:

ann said...

That is a great answer to my thoughts in my latest blog post...
Coincidence? I do not think so...

PTL

donsands said...

Nice song.

"clothed with power"

God has given us a Spirit of power, love, and a sound mind, not one of fear.

But Oh how I do struggle with timidity. I guess I'm a lot like Timothy.
I pray the Lord would give me the courage and power in order to speak to other's of this great hope that is in me, Jesus Christ, the hope of glory. Amen.